1. The use of rolls must become the core competitiveness of the industry.
The following four factors indicate the importance of rolls in rolling flat products: high cost; It has a great impact on product quality; It has a great impact on equipment operation (planned and unplanned delays); High maintenance costs (workshop, equipment and transportation).
It is a matter of high cost and great impact on product quality to select rolls correctly and control them to keep in good condition, which requires joint treatment by roll manufacturers and their users. It is difficult to successfully transfer this responsibility to a third party.
2. Core competitiveness requires a comprehensive control method. No one managed the roll successfully except the user. In addition to the user, the roll maintenance can also be carried out by a third party, but it is not. The roll supplier must maintain close contact with users and provide them with targeted services.
3. The steel mill roll workshop must be improved. Workshop operators should not pay too much attention to the grinding time of single roll, personnel quota and the structure of metal cutting fluid, but must become senior technicians and master the inspection, monitoring, identification and execution capabilities of world-class operations. In some cases, the personnel in the roll shop need to communicate and cooperate with the rolling personnel. In addition, it is necessary to work with the quality inspector to make decisions related to rolls, which are far from just roll replacement and maintenance.
4. Roll suppliers must meet or exceed the expectations of steel mill customers. Like the excess production of flat products, the roll manufacturing industry has also experienced overcapacity. Many roll manufacturers have no new technology to offer, so they must refine the market. Roll manufacturers must master new technologies to enable high-end strip steel production enterprises to obtain higher competitiveness.
5. Hot rolling enterprises using traditional roll technology cannot wait for death. With the continuous improvement of the requirements for product quality, productivity and metal yield, and lower and lower requirements for cost, roll users are forced to adopt new technologies. Moreover, in order to ensure the successful use of high-performance rolls, the operating conditions of steel plants must be changed.
6. Roll procurement is global. Roll manufacturers no longer have fixed users. In order to meet their customer requirements, they must step up development. Due to the impact of exchange rate fluctuations on costs, the purchase of rolls will be driven by the analysis of the total cost model.
Post time: Nov-03-2022